A national network of expert Physical Activity Clinical Champions is delivering FREE tailored, peer to peer training sessions to healthcare professionals (HCPs).
Around 1 in 3 men and half of women are not achieving recommended levels of activity for good health, with people with long term conditions twice as likely to be amongst the least active. Physical activity is incorporated across NICE clinical guidance, with evidence suggesting 1 in 4 people would be more active if advised by a HCP. However, many HCPs do not feel they have the knowledge, skills and/or confidence to speak to patients about physical activity.
We’re running a 2hr physical activity training session for anyone working in a healthcare role in Oxfordshire.
Participants attending this training will:
• Access evidence-based resources proven to increase knowledge and confidence, and support clinical practice in line with guidance e.g. NICE
• Improve management of patients with 30+ long-term conditions e.g. CVD, type 2 diabetes, depression, MSK issues, some cancers
• Help reduce service demand and costs i.e. the ~£0.9bn annual cost to the NHS associated with insufficient physical activity
An independent evaluation has shown that:
• Post-training, participants had improved knowledge and confidence to have conversations about physical activity with patients
• 40% of HCPs were having more conversations with their patients about physical activity post-training
• 84% agreed the training was useful in their work
• 91% would recommend the training to their colleagues
“I found the session to be really inspiring both professionally and personally. I have reflected on it a lot since and it has definitely changed my practice.”
This training is funded by Public Health England. This training session is being hosted at the Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group.”
To book a place on the course please fill in the booking form below . Please note your details will be passed onto the trainer of this course.
For further information please click here.