Currently in Oxfordshire, approximately 40% of healed patients develop leg ulceration again and most are found not to be wearing compression hosiery at the time despite it being the gold standard treatment for preventing recurrence. In addition to this, many people are at risk of developing leg ulceration due to underlying venous disease and leg oedema. This risk could be reduced if compression hosiery was worn.
Assessing and choosing hosiery doesn’t have to be the minefield that many clinicians think it is…
Join us at one of our informative and interactive workshops where you will learn how to:
- Carry out an assessment for hosiery
- Select the most appropriate garment for your patient’s condition
- Measure the limb correctly to ensure there is an accurate fit
- Apply the hosiery correctly
- Care for the hosiery correctly and be able to advise the patient on long term prevention management.
Workshops are three hours long. Please come prepared to participate in a practical session which will involve limb measurement and hosiery application on each other.
Tea/ Coffee will be provided. Please feel free to bring your lunch with you.
(Maximum of 30 places per session)
Oxfordhealth staff – please book on via Learning & Development Portal – https://ohft365.sharepoint.com/
Phone: 01865 904959 or 904271