Healthcare Associated Infections are becoming an increasing problem in healthcare, particularly with the development of antibiotic resistance. This course is about recognising the early signs of sepsis in a patient, with the aim of preventing it from developing into a more serious condition.
The course is designed for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals working in general hospital care or in the community, who may be the first person to recognise the early signs and symptoms of infection in a patient.
- Diagnosing the septic patient
- Epidemiology and aetiology of sepsis
- Early warning systems and triage
- Clinical evaluation and sepsis screening tools
- Resuscitation and referral
- Pathophysiology of sepsis
- Case scenarios
Course Aims and outcomes:
To recognised the early signs of sepsis and administer the appropriate treatment and referral.
For more information, click here.